With the purpose of complying with Royal Decree 1112/2018 of 7th September governing accessibility of websites and applications for mobile devices of the public sector (hereinafter, Royal Decree 1112/2018 of 7th September), the Patronato Municipal de Turismo y Playas de Alicante has implemented a series of changes necessary to adapt its web portals.
In addition to this, the Municipal Board of Tourism and Beaches of Alicante carries out continuous auditing and content review in order to facilitate its interpretation and improve browsing via the web portal.
This accessibility statement refers to the website https://alicantesportsdestination.com/.
This website has been adapted to meet all the requirements specified in Royal Decree 1112/2018 of 7th September.
However, there are currently certain breaches of the aforementioned decree due to, among others, the aspects indicated below:
- There are videos without subtitles
Content does not come within the area of the applicable legislation:
- There may be documents in PDF format published before 20th September 2018 that do not fully meet all the accessibility requirements; they may also be content that is unfinanced, undeveloped and not under the control of the Patronato Municipal de Turismo y Playas de Alicante in that situation.
Preparation of this statement of accessibility
This Statement of Accessibility was drafted on 18th November 2021.
As a step prior to the publication of this Declaration of Accessibility, an evaluation was conducted using tools such as Google Lighthouse, Chrome Extension: Accessibility Insights for Web, among others.
Final review of the statement 18th November 2021.
Observations and contact information
You can get in touch regarding accessibility requirements (Article 10.2.a of Royal Decree 1112/2018), for example:
- inform of any potential breach by this website
- convey other difficulties in access to the content
- formulate any other consultation or suggestion for improvement relating to the accessibility of the website
through the contact form https://www.alicanteturismo.com/buzon-de-sugerencias-y-quejas/ or by contacting via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications will be received and processed by the Patronato Municipal de Turismo y Playas de Alicante as the unit responsible for the content of this website.
If, once an accessible information request or complaint has been made, it has been dismissed, there was no agreement with the decision taken or the answer did not meet the requirements considered in Article 12.5 of RD 1112/2018, the interested party may file a claim. It is also possible to file a claim in the event that no answer has been received.
The claims procedure included in Article 13 of RD 1112/2018 can also be initiated via this link.
Furthermore and in relation to adaptation to the regulations on accessibility, this website:
- has been designed by being adapted to current standards and regulations in relation to accessibility, complying with the priority 2 (AA) verification points defined in the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) specification
- is optimised for the latest valid versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and Opera
- is designed to be correctly displayed in any resolution and desktop device, tablet or mobile (responsive design)
- has been executed using HTML5 as market up language and CSS 3 style sheets for its design.